What we are looking for
You will be working in a small team of high skilled, talented back end developers all responsible for the effective & efficient technical development of our marketplace. Being part of a passionate quick & dirty team, you will be called to use all your skills & knowledge from creativity, smart thinking & planning to multitasking, speed & high level engineering so that you can solve problems, upgrade functionality and deliver high quality code always in tight timelines. From shipping & logistics, merchant interface & tools to internal search engine upgrade, index mechanisms, rating mechanisms & customer benefits, you, along with the rest of the team, will be helping us significantly enhance the experience for both crafters & users, while minimizing our admin costs.
Why join us
Working in a company honored to be member of the Skroutz group of companies, means you will have the chance to live a once in a lifetime working experience as you will enjoy the creative freedom of a fast growing startup, while being in the centre of technological innovation, a valuable member of a growing community of the best devs in the country.
- 2-3 yrs of working experience as software engineer
- Excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. We work mostly in Ruby, but we believe that languages can be learned. While familiarity with Ruby is a plus, we care much more about your general engineering skill.
- Solid understanding of relational database systems
- Good grasp of UI/UX principles and best practices
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Passion for readable, maintainable, testable, scalable and performant code
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- MySQL, ElasticSearch
- HTML, CSS
What We Offer
- A modern workplace environment with great office benefits
- Breakfast and Lunch (optional)
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development
- A variety of company activities